2014-04-24 Smart Money Report (AMZN) (SBUX)
Smart Money Report
- AMZN- Amazon.com is set to announce Q1 earnings after the bell tonight. Analysts are looking for $0.24 in EPS and revenue of $19.4 billion. The options market is implying a $23.40 move, or 6.97%, in either direction through Friday’s close. Call to put ratio in (AMZN) options is currently 1.60, led by activity in the Apr. 25 weekly $360 calls and May 17 $350 calls. The stock has moved higher after earnings on five out of the last seven reports.
- SBUX- Another notable report due after the bell will come from Starbucks. Analysts are looking for $0.56 in EPS and revenue of $3.9 billion. Option traders are pricing in a $2.42 move, or 3.42%, in either direction through Friday’s close. The call to put ratio in (SBUX) options is currently 2.02, led by a buyer of 658 May 17 $72.50 calls for $1.09 each. The stock has moved higher after earnings on the last three reports and on five out of the last six reports.
- APC- The Jan. 2015 $120/$135 call spread was put on 25k times for a $1.71 debit. Volume was above the open interest in both options. Earnings are due out on 5/5.
- CHK- The Oct. $35/$40 call spread was put on 35,000 times for a $0.40 debit. Volume was above the open interest in both options. Earnings are due out on 5/7. Yesterday’s Free Trade of the Day featuring Chesapeake Energy
- EWJ- Another 50k June $11 calls were bought for $0.33 each, against open interest of 255,978 contracts. On 4/9, 250k were bought for $0.39 each.
Free Trial: If you would like to know more about premium content or you would like a free trial of our service, email me at Mitchell@OptionsRiskManagement.com .
Premium Membership: Join now to gain access to the all of the stock watchlist updates, unusual options activity reports, earnings trade ideas, weekend market updates, Premium Twitter feed, and more! All for just $29.95/month or save by purchasing an annual subscription. Join me and the other ORM traders in the chat room today!