2014-04-08 Smart Money Report (AA) (IMAX)
Smart Money Report
- AA- Alcoa is set to announce Q1 earnings after the bell tonight. Analysts are looking for $0.05 in EPS and revenue of $5.6 billion. Option traders are pricing in a $0.65 move, or 5.18%, in either direction through Friday’s close. The put to call ratio in (AA) options is currently 1.01, led by a seller of 1,000 Sep. $13 straddles for a $2.20 credit and a buyer of 1,000 Apr. 11 weekly $13 calls for $0.20 each. The stock has dropped on five out of the last seven earnings reports.
- AER- A rollout from 1,760 Apr. $35 calls (credit) into 1,760 May $40 calls (debit). Volume was above the open interest in the May $40 calls. Earnings are due out on 5/7.
- IMAX- 4,282 Apr. $28 calls were purchased for $0.35 each, against open interest of 661 contracts. This was tied to a sale of 200k shares for $27.35. Earnings are due out on 4/28.
- NFLX- Netflix shares are down over 24% from the March highs of $458.00. However, the stock is finding support at the 200-day SMA, up 2.64% today. The call to put ratio in (NFLX) options is currently 1.18, led by buying in the Apr. 11 weekly $350 calls.
- XLV- 10,245 May $56 puts were bought for $0.78 each, against open interest of 896 contracts. The (XLV) has broken through support at the 50-day EMA, but is seeing some buyers just above the 100-day SMA.
Free Trial: If you would like to know more about premium content or you would like a free trial of our service, email me at Mitchell@OptionsRiskManagement.com .
Premium Membership: Join now to gain access to the all of the stock watchlist updates, unusual options activity reports, earnings trade ideas, weekend market updates, Premium Twitter feed, and more! All for just $29.95/month or save by purchasing an annual subscription. Join me and the other ORM traders in the chat room today!