2013-04-08-Smart Money Report
Smart Money Report
- YHOO- The Jan. 2014 $17 puts have traded over 10k times today, with the largest block of puts bought for $0.42-$0.43 each. Open interest is 51,201 contracts, so this could be someone closing out a short put position.
- AA- Alcoa is set to report Q1 earnings after the bell, kicking off earnings season. Over 10k Apr. 12 weekly $8.50 calls have traded, going for up to $0.13 each. Analysts are looking for $0.08 in EPS and revenue of $5.9 billion.
- GFI- Nearly 9k Oct. $8 call were sold to open for a $0.41 credit. Volume was more than double the open interest. This trade could be sold against a long stock position, creating a covered call.
- TTI- Over 1,300 Sep. $12.50 calls were bought for $0.25-$0.30 each, against open interest of 277 contracts.
- AAPL- Shares of Apple have held above the flat line for most of the day, but the Apr. 12 weekly $425 puts are the most in (AAPL) options. Over 18k of those puts have traded today vs the open interest of 2,634 contracts. The call to put ratio in the Apr. 12 weekly options was 1.13.
Non-members: Sign up for a risk free trial today to receive access to all of the Unusual Options Activity reports, Trade Ideas, Stock Watchlist Updates, and more! No credit card required.
Also, we are running a limited time offer on our monthly and annual subscriptions. Offers end on April 30th.
Check it all out on this page—> https://optionsriskmanagement.com/register/
Update: We also just launched our new Twitter feed, @OptionsORM , for trial members and premium members alike. Send an email to support@OptionsRiskManagement.com with your Twitter handle to gain access to the @OptionsORM Twitter feed once you have signed up to ORM.