2013-04-02-Smart Money Report
Smart Money Report
- BMY- Bristol-Myers Squibb shares go ex-dividend tomorrow, paying out a $0.35 dividend to shareholders on May 1st. This has spurred huge in-the-money call buying, starting in the Apr. options. Over 250k calls traded vs an average of just 9,027 calls.
- DNDN- 2,500 Aug. $4 puts were sold to help finance the purchase of 2,500 Aug. $6 calls for a $0.01-0.02 debit, creating a bull risk reversal. Shares of Dendreon are up 5.42% on the day.
- MTL- 20k May $5 puts were bought for $0.65 each, against open interest of 20,241 contracts. This could be someone closing out a short put position (bullish), as open interest was 20,241 contracts. Check the open interest in the morning for confirmation.
- SPY- Huge buying in the Apr. 5 weekly $158 calls around 2:00 P.M. today. Volume has exceeded 100k contracts, with the largest call buyers paying $0.23-$0.29 each. Shares of S&P 500 ETF need to rise about 1% by the close on Friday or today’s call buyers will stand to take losses.
- AAPL- Shares of Apple have turned negative, following a intra-day gain of over 2% on heavy volume. This has led to incremental buyers in the Apr. 5 weekly $430 puts. The put to call ratio in the Apr. 5 weekly options is 1.06.
Non-members: Sign up for a risk free trial today to receive access to all of the Unusual Options Activity reports, Trade Ideas, Stock Watchlist Updates, and more! No credit card required.
Also, we are running a limited time offer on our monthly and annual subscriptions. Offers end on April 30th.
Check it all out on this page—> https://optionsriskmanagement.com/register/