2013-04-01-Smart Money Report
Smart Money Report
- IP- 5,000 Oct. $43 puts were sold were sold for $2.35 each to help finance the purchase of 5,000 Jan. 2014 $50 calls, creating a bull risk reversal. This trade was put on for a $0.05 debit. Shares of International Paper need to at $50.05 or higher by January 2014 options expiration or losses will occur.
- WLT- Coal miners are getting hit hard today and shares of Walter Energy are no exception, plummeting 7.02%. This has spurred large buying Apr. and May puts as the May $25 puts have been bought over 10k times, going for up to $1.58.
- JNJ- Johnson & Johnson is set to announce Q1 earnings Tuesday, April 16th and one investor is buying protection ahead of the report. 10,000 Apr. $80 puts were purchased for $0.39-$0.45 each, against open interest of just 7,996 contracts.
- AAPL- Shares of Apple are down over 2% on the day, underperforming the broader market. Apr. 5 weekly $435 puts are the most active strike, followed closely behind by the Apr. 5 weekly $450 calls. The call to put ratio is currently 1.13 in the Apr. 5 weekly options, despite the lack of buyers in the underlying.
- SPY- The S&P 500 is under pressure at the start of the 2nd quarter, down 0.47%. Bears are also active in the Apr. 5 weekly puts as well, with the $154 and $156 puts leading the action. Currently the put to call ratio is over 2.00 in the Apr. 5 weekly options, a reflection of the pullback in the market.
Non-members: Sign up for a risk free trial today to receive access to all of the Unusual Options Activity reports, Trade Ideas, Stock Watchlist Updates, and more! No credit card required.
Also, we are running a limited time offer on our monthly and annual subscriptions. Offers end on April 30th.
Check it all out on this page—> https://optionsriskmanagement.com/register/