2013-03-11-Afternoon Unusual Options Activity
- AAPL- Despite the 1% decline in shares of Apple, calls are leading the way in the options market. Currently the call/put ratio is over 1.34 in the Mar. options, as the two active strikes are the Mar. $430 and $435 calls.
- F- 40k Mar. $13.50 calls were bought for $0.02, as he/she is taking a cheap bet on pop in shares of Ford. Open interest was a mere 50 contracts before today’s trades.
- DB- Deutsche Bank shares have been under water all day, which has spurred action in Mar. and Apr. puts. The $45, $46 Mar. puts and the $42 Apr. puts have lead the activity.
- MDT- 4,200 Apr. $50 calls were purchased for $0.13 each, against a previous open interest of just 1,808 contracts.
- SPY- As the S&P 500 continues to edge higher day after day, some traders are betting on a pullback. The Mar. $155 put was the most active strike in the (SPY), trading over 83k times. Delta on the Mar. $155 puts is currently at -0.3477, meaning there is roughly a 35% chance of the (SPY) moving below $155 by the close on Friday.
Non-members: Sign up for a risk free trial today to receive access to all of the Unusual Options Activity reports, Trade Ideas, Stock Watchlist Updates, and more! No credit card required.
Also, we are running a limited time offer on our monthly and annual subscriptions.
Check it all out on this page—> https://optionsriskmanagement.com/register/