2013-03-07-Mid-Day Unusual Options Activity
Posted on March 7th, by Mitchell Warren in Free Articles, Unusual Options Activity. Comments Off on 2013-03-07-Mid-Day Unusual Options Activity
- AAPL- One bull bought 2,000 Apr. $425 calls for up $16.75 each, laying out nearly $3.3 million in premium. The Mar. 8 weekly $430 calls are leading all the active strike in Apple options, with over 32k contracts traded.
- PBR- Over 11,000 Apr. $19 calls have traded today, with the two largest blockd going for $0.25-$0.30. Open interest was higher than today’s volume.
- GOOG- The Mar. 8 weekly $835 calls have saw incremental buyers of 200+ contracts throughout the day, with volume higher than the open interest of 2k contracts. The Mar. 8 $830 puts have also been active, trading over 4,000 contracts so far.
- XLU- The Jan. 2015 $38/$42 call spread was bought 25k times going for a $1.24 debit, with the $38 calls bought for $1.62 and the $42 calls sold for $0.38. Volume was lower than the OI in the $38 calls, but higher in the $42 calls.
- STLD- 5,000 Aug. $14 puts were purchased for $0.80-$0.85 and at the same time 5,000 Aug. $18 calls were sold for $0.40, creating a bear risk reversal. This trade was put on for a $0.40-$0.45 debit.
- UPL- Over 13k Apr. $19 calls have traded today, as shares of Ultra Petroleum are up 9%. The majority of these calls were purchased for $0.40-$0.45 each.
Non-members: Sign up for a risk free trial today to receive access to all of the Unusual Options Activity reports, Trade Ideas, Stock Watchlist Updates, and more! No credit card required.
Also, we are running a limited time offer on our monthly and annual subscriptions.
Check it all out on this page—> https://optionsriskmanagement.com/register/