2015-07-29 Unusual Options Activity (CNW) (GNC)
Posted on July 29th, by Mitchell Warren in Free Articles, Options Risk Management, Smart Money Report, Unusual Options Activity. Comments Off on 2015-07-29 Unusual Options Activity (CNW) (GNC)
Unusual Options Activity
- Con-way (CNW)- Nearly 4,000 Sep $40 calls were bought for $1.05-$1.55. Typically trades 85 calls per day. Earnings are due out tonight.
- GNC Holdings (GNC)- There was a likely rollout from 7,000 Jan 2016 $47.50 calls ($1.70 credit) into 7,000 Jan 2016 $42.50 calls ($3.70 debit). Earnings are due out tomorrow morning. Shares are nearing a retest of the April post-earnings lows. On May 1st, 7,500 Jan 2017 $47.50 calls were bought for $6.20 and on May 22nd, the Sep $42.50/$47.50 bull risk reversal was put on 2,500 times for a $0.45 debit.
- WisdomTree Europe Hedge Equity Fund (HEDJ)- Another 5,000 Feb 2016 $65 calls were bought for $3.10, against open interest of 66,207 contracts. Over 70,000 were bought since June 29th. The top holdings include Anheuser-Busch, Telefonica, Siemens, and Daimler.
- Marathon Oil (MRO)- There was sizable buying in the Aug 21 $22 calls (5,200+ traded) and Sep 18 $22 calls (7,300+ traded). Earnings are due out on August 5th. There were reports today that Saudi Arabia will taper oil production later this year.
- Procter & Gamble (PG)- There was sizable buying in the Aug 21 $82 calls (14,000+ traded) and Aug 21 $83 calls (13,000+ traded). Earnings are due out tomorrow morning. The maker of Tide and Crest products trades at a P/E ratio of 19.34x (June16 estimates), price to sales ratio of 2.70x, and a price to book ratio of 3.53x.
Options Reports (20-40+ large trades per day, open interest updates, and a list of notable activity I’m monitoring) are included in my ORM Equity/Option Trader Subscription Service for $9.99 per month (join now!).
1 On 1 Options Mentoring: Learn more about my 1 on 1 equity/options mentoring courses that help can you improve your trading odds and risk management skills (two hour courses start at $99).
Feel free to email me (Mitchell@OptionsRiskManagement.com) anytime if you have questions about my subscription service or mentoring courses, I’d be happy to help.