2015-07-25 Smart Money Report (AAPL) (KN)
Smart Money Report
- AAPL- The 1×2 Aug 22 weekly $97/$100 ratio call spread was put on 10,000 times for a $0.25 debit. Volume was above the open interest in both options. This trade was likely done against a long stock position to leverage the trade without adding any additional shares of stock.
- AMC- The 1×2 Dec $22.5/$25 ratio call spread was put on 1,000 times for a $0.15 debit. Volume was above the open interest in the Dec $25 calls. Earnings are due out on 7/30. They’ve only reported two earnings reports, but the stock has moved higher after both. The $25 level has been the ceiling in the stock since March. This is also a good way to leverage an existing long position in the stock (only risking an additional $0.15 to make $2.35).
- ATML- 6,000 Nov $9 calls were sold for $0.55 each, against open interest of 7,389 contracts. Earnings are due out on 8/6. 6,000 were bought for $1.00 on 7/15.
- EBAY- Another 10,000 Oct $55 calls were purchased for $1.38 each, against open interest of 22,295 contracts. 10,000 were bought yesterday. Not long after today’s big trade there was sizable buying in the Jan 2015 $55 calls.
- KN- 2,000 Aug $30 puts were bought for $1.35-$1.45 each, against open interest of 4,150 contracts. Earnings are due out on 7/28. Open interest in the puts was 0 on 6/23. The stock is putting in a lower high on the daily chart relative to June, falling roughly 4%.
Summer Sale: From now until the end of August, annual memberships are only $225 (25% off of the regular $299.95 price). This is available for new and existing members. Check out our updated 2014 options performance page here (all stock trades are posted on the Weekend Market Updates).
1 On 1 Options Mentoring: Learn more about 1 on 1 options mentoring courses that help can you improve your trading odds and risk management skills.
Free Trial: If you would like to know more about premium content or you would like a free trial of our service, email me at Mitchell@OptionsRiskManagement.com .
Premium Membership: Join now to gain access to the all of the stock watchlist updates, unusual options activity reports, earnings trade ideas, weekend market updates, Premium Twitter feed, and more! All for just $29.95/month or save by purchasing an annual subscription. Join me and the other ORM traders in the chat room today!