2015-07-14 Unusual Options Activity (ASML) (X)
Posted on July 14th, by Mitchell Warren in Free Articles, Options Risk Management, Smart Money Report, Unusual Options Activity. Comments Off on 2015-07-14 Unusual Options Activity (ASML) (X)
Unusual Options Activity
- ASML Holding (ASML)- 3,000 July $100 puts were bought for $1.25-$1.45. Put activity was 5x the average daily volume. Shares have recovered in the last week, but it is struggling to regain the 100-day SMA ahead of earnings tomorrow morning.
- Bed Bath & Beyond (BBBY)- The 1×2 Nov $67.50/$60 ratio put spread was put on 3,350 times for a $1.60 debit. Whether it has been their quarterly results or their FY outlook as of late, BBBY has found a way to disappoint investors in recent reports. On June 25th, Telsey Advisory reiterated their underperform rating and a $65 price target.
- Micron Technology (MU)- The 1×2 Jan 2016 $20/$25 ratio call spread was put on 6,500 times for a $0.92 debit. There were reports last night that Tsinghua Unigroup is offering $21 per share to acquire to the company.
- United States Steel (X)- There was a rollout from 5,000 July 24 weekly $19.50 calls ($0.80 credit) into 7,500 July 24 weekly $20.50 calls ($0.41 debit). The stock is down 28% from the April highs. However, X is beginning to stabilize in the $19-$20 range.
- YPF SA (YPF)- 5,000 Dec $25 calls were purchased for $3.60. Today, Credit Suisse upgraded the stock to outperform from neutral.
Options Reports (20-40+ large trades per day, open interest updates, and a list of notable activity I’m monitoring) are included in my ORM Equity/Option Trader Subscription Service for $9.99 per month (join now!).
1 On 1 Options Mentoring: Learn more about my 1 on 1 equity/options mentoring courses that help can you improve your trading odds and risk management skills (two hour courses start at $99).
Feel free to email me (Mitchell@OptionsRiskManagement.com) anytime if you have questions about my subscription service or mentoring courses, I’d be happy to help.