2015-07-07 Unusual Options Activity (ANAC) (ATVI)
Posted on July 7th, by Mitchell Warren in Free Articles, Options Risk Management, Smart Money Report, Unusual Options Activity. Comments Off on 2015-07-07 Unusual Options Activity (ANAC) (ATVI)
Unusual Options Activity
- Anacor Pharmaceuticals (ANAC)- There was another rollout from 1,000 July $80 calls ($7.80 credit) into 1,000 Aug $90/$120 bull call spreads ($11.60 debit). This same trade occured yesterday too. The maker of Kerydin (anti-fungal toenail treatment) had its price target raised to $80 from $70 at Jefferies on July 1st. They are upbeat about upcoming Phase 3 results out within the next month or so on AN2728.
- Activision Blizzard (ATVI)- Over 3,200 Nov $26 calls were bought for $1.23. Today, Pacific Crest kept their overweight rating and upped the price target to $30 from $25.
- Corning (GLW)- There was a rollout from 5,000 July 10 weekly $20 puts ($0.77 credit) into 7,500 July 10 weekly $19.50 puts ($0.40 debit). GLW is hitting new lows amide concerns in the semiconductor industry. The cell phone screen maker will report earnings on July 28th.
- IMAX Corp (IMAX)- 3,000 Sep $37 puts were purchased for $2.20. Put activity was 7x the average daily volume. Shares are breaking through the 100-day SMA.
- Materials Select Sector SPDR Fund (XLB)- There was a rollout from 5,000 July 17 $48.50 puts ($1.40 credit) into 5,000 July 17 $47 puts ($0.58 debit). Major support is at the $46 level (January lows). The top holdings in the ETF are Dupont, Dow Chemical, Monsanto, LyondellBasell Industries, Praxair, and PPG Industries.
Options Reports (20-40+ large trades per day, open interest updates, and a list of notable activity I’m monitoring) are included in my ORM Equity/Option Trader Subscription Service for $9.99 per month (join now!).
1 On 1 Options Mentoring: Learn more about my 1 on 1 equity/options mentoring courses that help can you improve your trading odds and risk management skills (two hour courses start at $99).
Feel free to email me (Mitchell@OptionsRiskManagement.com) anytime if you have questions about my subscription service or mentoring courses, I’d be happy to help.