2015-06-26 Unusual Options Activity (APC) (CAM)
Posted on June 26th, by Mitchell Warren in Free Articles, Options Risk Management, Smart Money Report, Unusual Options Activity. Comments Off on 2015-06-26 Unusual Options Activity (APC) (CAM)
Unusual Options Activity
- Anadarko-Petroleum (APC)- The Jan 2016 $90/$110/$130 call butterfly was put on 5,000 times for a $2.12 debit. This trade can be up to $20 and is profitable between $92.12 and $127.88.
- Cameron International (CAM)- Over 5,000 July $50 puts were purchased for $0.35-$0.60. Put activity was 14x the average daily volume (IV +22.8% to 31.84). Energy stocks remain the most active in terms of big option trades today. USO (oil ETF) is trying to hold onto the $20 level.
- Chevron (CVX)- 12,124 July 17 $102 calls were bought for $0.28. CVX is down over 10% from the April highs, but it is retesting support at $97-$98.
- Nabors Industries (NBR)- Another 2,300+ Aug $12 puts were bought for $0.26-$0.27, against open interest of 4,924 contracts. Over 4,800 were bought yesterday for $0.22-$0.26. A close below $14 would be a bearish signal ahead earnings due out around July 21st. The oil driller is expected to report EPS losses for this and next year. Shares trade at a price to sales ratio of 1.24x (2015 estimates).
- Seagate Technology (STX)- Over 6,000 July 17 $50 puts have traded with the majority being bought for $1.14-$1.35. Earnings are due out on July 16th (shares have fallen after earnings on 5 out of the last 7 reports). They could face the same challenges that Micron Technology faced it in the recent quarter (missed estimates).
Options Reports (20-40+ large trades per day, open interest updates, and a list of notable activity I’m monitoring) are included in my ORM Equity/Option Trader Subscription Service for $9.99 per month (join now!).
1 On 1 Options Mentoring: Learn more about my 1 on 1 equity/options mentoring courses that help can you improve your trading odds and risk management skills (two hour courses start at $99).
Feel free to email me (Mitchell@OptionsRiskManagement.com) anytime if you have questions about my subscription service or mentoring courses, I’d be happy to help.