2015-06-23 Unusual Options Activity (HRTX) (XOMA)
Posted on June 23rd, by Mitchell Warren in Free Articles, Options Risk Management, Smart Money Report, Unusual Options Activity. Comments Off on 2015-06-23 Unusual Options Activity (HRTX) (XOMA)
Unusual Options Activity
- American Capital Agency (AGNC)- 5,000 July 17 $19.50 puts were sold for $0.23. He/she is betting on limited downside near-term in the beaten down REIT (yields 12.15% currently).
- Heron Therapeutics (HRTX)- A rollout from 2,500 Sep $27.50 calls ($4.55 credit) into 3,500 Oct $35 calls ($7.00 debit). Shares of the biotech have more than doubled in just one month, but option traders continue to roll there bullish positions, giving them additional time.
- Medtronic (MDT)- 4,630 July 24 weekly $75.50 puts were sold for $0.74. Large put selling like this has been about a once to twice among occurrence in the medical device maker. Most of these trades have expired worthless, which is exactly what they want to happen.
- Pfizer (PFE)- 10,000 Oct $35 calls were bought for $0.76. There was big buying in the July 17 $35 calls yesterday. They agreed to acquire Hospira earlier this year and has been rumored to be interested in other healthcare companies too.
- XOMA Corp (XOMA)- Another 15,000 Sep $4 calls were bought for $1.50, against open interest of 43,747 contracts. This was tied to 1M shares. There has been several of these large trades (selling stock and moving into calls) ahead of Eyeguard results in July.
Options Reports (20-40+ large trades per day, open interest updates, and a list of notable activity I’m monitoring) are included in my ORM Equity/Option Trader Subscription Service for $9.99 per month (join now!).
1 On 1 Options Mentoring: Learn more about my 1 on 1 equity/options mentoring courses that help can you improve your trading odds and risk management skills (two hour courses start at $99).
Feel free to email me (Mitchell@OptionsRiskManagement.com) anytime if you have questions about my subscription service or mentoring courses, I’d be happy to help.