2015-05-18 Unusual Options Activity (XLE) (XOP)
Posted on May 18th, by Mitchell Warren in Free Articles, Options Risk Management, Smart Money Report, Unusual Options Activity. Comments Off on 2015-05-18 Unusual Options Activity (XLE) (XOP)
Unusual Options Activity
- Cisco Systems (CSCO)- Over 10,000 July $30 calls were bought for $0.60-$0.65, against open interest of 26,641 contracts. The stock is nearing a retest of the $30 resistance level. On Friday, according to a 13F filing, Bridgewater Associates (Ray Dalios) started a 500,000+ share position in CSCO.
- GrubHub (GRUB)- Roughly 2,300 July $45 calls were bought for $0.80. On April 29th, they reported a 50.5% spike in Q1 revenue and active diners rose 46% to 5.60M. On May 6th, JMP Securities reiterated their outperform rating and a $55 price target.
- Perrigo (PRGO)- The June $180/$200/$230 bull call spread risk reversal was put on 2,500 times for a $2.00 debit. This was done on Friday as well. Mylan is trying to takeover the smaller competitor. In the mean time, PRGO acquired Patheon’s Mexican business for $34M on May 12th.
- Energy Select Sector SPDR Fund ETF (XLE)- 11,000+ June 5 weekly $79.50 puts were bought for $0.89-$0.99. The energy ETF has been testing the 50-day EMA for most of May. A break below there could mean a move back to the mid $70’s. A couple of hours later there was a rollout from 6,806 May 29 weekly $80.50 puts ($0.94 credit) into 6,806 June 5 weekly $79.50 puts ($0.96 debit).
- SPDR S&P Oil & Gas Exploration & Production ETF (XOP)- 10,000 June 5 weekly $50 puts were purchased for $1.13. This is another oil & gas company ETF. There was a buyer of 10,000 May 22 weekly $51 puts on Friday for $0.76 (part a rollout from the May 15 $52 puts). Also, there was a rollout from 7,000 May 29 weekly $51.50 puts ($1.51 credit) into 7,000 June 5 weekly $50 puts ($1.13 debit). Today’s trades in XLE and XOP occurred at the same time.
Options Reports (20-40+ large trades per day, open interest updates, and a list of notable activity I’m monitoring) are included in my ORM Equity/Option Trader Subscription Service for $9.99 per month (join now!).
1 On 1 Options Mentoring: Learn more about my 1 on 1 equity/options mentoring courses that help can you improve your trading odds and risk management skills (courses start as low as $55!).