2015-05-13 Unusual Options Activity (APD) (GDXJ)
Posted on May 13th, by Mitchell Warren in Free Articles, Options Risk Management, Smart Money Report, Unusual Options Activity. Comments Off on 2015-05-13 Unusual Options Activity (APD) (GDXJ)
Unusual Options Activity
- Air Products & Chemicals (APD)- 1,500+ May $145 calls have traded with the majority being bought for $0.75-$1.00. Large open interest remains in the June and Sep calls (from a call rollout and bull call spread risk reversal). Bill Ackman’s Pershing Square owns more than 20M shares, making it their 2nd largest holding.
- Market Vectors Junior Gold Miners ETF (GDXJ)- 2,000 Aug $30 calls were purchased for $1.10-$1.15. Precious metals are moving up on weak U.S. data and a continued decline in the dollar. Call buying has been across several gold and silver miners in recent days.
- Immunomedics (IMMU)- 2,500 Aug $5 calls were purchased for $0.66-$0.75, against open interest of 9,438 contracts. They have Phase 3 data due this quarter and Phase 3 data for another drug in 2016.
- Kinder Morgan (KMI)- 10,000 June $42.50 puts were purchased for $0.89-$0.95. The massive owner of Jan 2017 $50/$60 call spreads remains long. In the short-term KMI shares could be under pressure, but this would be a buying opportunity.
- iShares 20+ Year Treasury Bond ETF (TLT)- 10,000 July $117 puts were purchased for $2.08-$2.09. There has been large bearish options activity towards bonds lately. The next major support in the bond ETF is about $5 below the current price.
Options Reports (20-40+ large trades per day, open interest updates, and a list of notable activity I’m monitoring) are included in my ORM Equity/Option Trader Subscription Service for $9.99 per month (join now!).
1 On 1 Options Mentoring: Learn more about my 1 on 1 equity/options mentoring courses that help can you improve your trading odds and risk management skills (courses start as low as $55!).