2015-04-30 Unusual Options Activity (AEO) (GNC)
Posted on April 30th, by Mitchell Warren in Free Articles, Options Risk Management, Smart Money Report, Unusual Options Activity. Comments Off on 2015-04-30 Unusual Options Activity (AEO) (GNC)
Unusual Options Activity
- American Eagle Outfitters (AEO)- 2,000 May 15 $16 calls were purchased for $0.40-$0.43. Notice that this comes on the last day of the month (could be a play on Apr comps). Short interest is 14%, or 25M+ shares as of late.
- GNC Holdings (GNC)- Nearly 2,000 June $42.50 calls were bought for $2.15-$2.25. Call activity was 4x the average daily volume. They missed Q1 earnings and sales estimates plus issued weak FY15 EPS guidance. However, the stock is finding buyer at $41 today.
- LifeLock (LOCK)- 5,000+ June $14 puts were sold for $0.30. The large seller of May $13 puts remains in open interest (likely to expire worthless just as they wanted). They added 421k new members in Q1 as revenues rose 25% year over year.
- Masco (MAS)- Sizable buying in the May $26 calls (1,800+ traded) and $27 calls (2,500+ traded). Call activity was 5x the average daily volume. There was large buying in the July $27 calls on March 13th and 30th. Shares have been consolidating between $26-$27 for 3 months.
- SouFun Holdings (SFUN)- Another 16,600 Nov $6 puts were sold for $0.40, against open interest of 17,051 contracts. The same amount and price were sold to open on April 23rd.
Options Reports (20-40+ large trades per day, open interest updates, and a list of notable activity I’m monitoring) are included in my ORM Equity/Option Trader Subscription Service for $9.99 per month (available now!).
1 On 1 Options Mentoring: Learn more about my 1 on 1 equity/options mentoring courses that help can you improve your trading odds and risk management skills (courses start as low as $55!).