2015-04-28 Unusual Options Activity (CCE) (PEP)
Posted on April 28th, by Mitchell Warren in Free Articles, Options Risk Management, Smart Money Report, Unusual Options Activity. Comments Off on 2015-04-28 Unusual Options Activity (CCE) (PEP)
Unusual Options Activity
- AMC Entertainment (AMC)- Nearly 1,500 June $35 calls were bought for $0.55, against open interest of 1,583 contracts. Earnings are due out tomorrow night. They’ve only reported 5 times, but on each occasion the stock went up.
- Coca-Cola Enterprises (CCE)- 20,500 Jan 2016 $49 calls were purchased for $2.00, against open interest of 63,363 contracts. This was tied to 717,500 shares. 50,000 were purchased yesterday (also tied to stock). On average, just 1,759 calls trade per day.
- Emerald Oil (EOX)- 4,000 July $1 puts were purchased for $0.48-$0.55. Earnings are due out on May 4th (dropped on 5 out of the last 7 reports). If they are still around by then, analysts don’t see the company posting a profit until 2017.
- Coca-Cola (KO)- Another 7,500 June 19 $39 puts were sold for $0.33-$0.34, against open interest of 11,809 contracts. There was large selling (new positions) in these yesterday. Last week, there was sizable buying (roughly 25,000x)in the July $44 calls. Deutsche Bank recently reiterated their buy rating and a $45 price target.
- PepsiCo (PEP)- The Jan 2016 $95/$105 bull call spread was put on 2,500 times for a $2.90 debit. Volume was below the open interest in the Jan 2016 $105 calls. The stock is down for the 4th consecutive trading day, but is now testing support at the 200-day SMA (bounced there last month).
Options Reports (20-40+ large trades per day, open interest updates, and a list of notable activity I’m monitoring) are included in my ORM Equity/Option Trader Subscription Service for $9.99 per month (available now!).
1 On 1 Options Mentoring: Learn more about my 1 on 1 equity/options mentoring courses that help can you improve your trading odds and risk management skills (courses start as low as $55!).