2015-04-27 Unusual Options Activity (AKS) (HRB)
Posted on April 27th, by Mitchell Warren in Free Articles, Options Risk Management, Smart Money Report, Unusual Options Activity. Comments Off on 2015-04-27 Unusual Options Activity (AKS) (HRB)
Unusual Options Activity
- AK Steel (AKS)- Another 2,000 June 19 $6 calls were purchased for $0.14, against open interest of 12,548 contracts (large buying in these on Friday). Earnings are due out tomorrow morning. The stock recently broke out of a multi-month downtrend.
- H&R Block (HRB)- More than 4,000 July $35 calls were bought for $0.55-$0.60, against open interest of 1,916 contracts. On April 23rd, they said tax results through April 16th helped revenues increase even with fewer returns prepared. EBITDA margins are still projected to be around 30%.
- IMAX Corp (IMAX)- 7,000 May $39 calls were purchased for $0.65-$0.80. This was tied to 200,000+ shares. Earnings are due out on April 30th (moved higher on 6 out of the last 7 reports). Large open interest remains in the June $33, $36, and $40 calls (not tied to stock in these instances).
- Coca-Cola (KO)- 7,500 June 19 $39 puts were sold for $0.32-$0.33. Roughly 25,000 July $44 calls were bought from April 22nd-24th.
- Procter & Gamble (PG)- Roughly 6,000 July $80 puts were bought for $1.56-$1.60, against open interest of 5,305 contracts. The company reported a 8% decline in Q3 sales last week. CLSA downgraded the stock to underperform this morning.
Options Reports (20-40+ large trades per day, open interest updates, and a list of notable activity I’m monitoring) are included in my ORM Equity/Option Trader Subscription Service for $9.99 per month (available now!).
1 On 1 Options Mentoring: Learn more about my 1 on 1 equity/options mentoring courses that help can you improve your trading odds and risk management skills (courses start as low as $55!).