2015-04-20 Unusual Options Activity (ILMN) (MCD)
Posted on April 20th, by Mitchell Warren in Free Articles, Options Risk Management, Smart Money Report, Unusual Options Activity. Comments Off on 2015-04-20 Unusual Options Activity (ILMN) (MCD)
Unusual Options Activity
- AbbVie (ABBV)- More than 3,000 May 15 $65 calls were bought for $1.35-$1.63, against open interest of 27,462 contracts. There was big buying in these for $0.85-$0.90 on April 15th. Plus there remains large open interest in the May 15 $60 calls. Earnings are due out on April 23rd.
- DaVita HealthCare Partners (DVA)- 3,500 May 15 $80 puts were sold for $0.75-$0.90. Q1 earnings are due out on May 4th (shares held on the test of $80 earlier this month).
- Illumina (ILMN)- Another 1,500 May 15 $195 calls were bought for $7.70-$7.80, against open interest of 1,529 contracts. On April 16th, 1,500 were purchased for $6.30-$6.40. Q1 earnings are due out on April 21st.
- McDonald’s (MCD)- 4,800 June $92.50 calls were bought for $4.75, against open interest of 1,726 contracts. Earnings are due out on April 22nd. Large open interest has been building in the June $95 and $97.50 calls for the last couple of months.
- Wolverine World Wide (WWW)- Over 3,000 June $30 puts were purchased for $0.70-$0.90. Typically 11 puts trade per day. Earnings are due out on April 28th (dropped on 2 of the last 3 reports).
Options Reports (20-40+ large trades per day, open interest updates, and a list of notable activity I’m monitoring) are included in my ORM Equity/Option Trader Subscription Service for $9.99 per month (available now!).
1 On 1 Options Mentoring: Learn more about my 1 on 1 equity/options mentoring courses that help can you improve your trading odds and risk management skills (courses start as low as $55!).