2015-04-13 Unusual Options Activity (ANIK) (FNF)
Posted on April 13th, by Mitchell Warren in Free Articles, Options Risk Management, Smart Money Report, Unusual Options Activity. Comments Off on 2015-04-13 Unusual Options Activity (ANIK) (FNF)
Unusual Options Activity
- Anika Therapeutics (ANIK)- More than 1,300 June $50 calls were bought for $1.50-$1.55. Call activity was 17x the average daily volume. Short interest in the stock stands at roughly 16% of the float.
- Fidelity National Financial (FNF)- 2,500 July $36 calls were bought for $2.45 (this was tied to 162,500 shares). Earnings are due out on May 4th. A close above the $38.00-$38.21 resistance level would setup for a move to the low $40’s. FNF currently has an average analyst price target of $40.53.
- SPDR KBW Regional Banking ETF (KRE)- The May 15 $38/$43 bull risk reversal was put on 5,000 times for an $0.11 debit. The ETF is closing in on a retest of the $41.50-$42.00 resistance level ahead of Q1 earnings season. At a 1.30% weighting, Cathay Bancorp is the largest holding in the ETF (M&T Bank is the 8th largest at 1.27%).
- Financial Select Sector SPDR Fund ETF (XLF)- 45,000 Sep $26 calls were bought for $0.27-$0.28. Call activity was nearly 2x the average daily volume. Berkshire Hathaway, Wells Fargo, JPMorgan Chase, Bank of America, and Citigroup are the five largest holdings in the ETF (4 out of the 5 report quarterly earnings this week).
- Exxon Mobil (XOM)- 41,750 May 15 $90 calls were purchased for $0.32. Earnings are due out on April 30th (shares have moved higher on the last 2 reports). A close above $86.07 would be abreakout above the current trading range.
Options Reports (20-40+ large trades per day, open interest updates, and a list of notable activity I’m monitoring) are included in my ORM Equity/Option Trader Subscription Service for $9.99 per month (available now!).
1 On 1 Options Mentoring: Learn more about my 1 on 1 equity/options mentoring courses that help can you improve your trading odds and risk management skills (courses start as low as $55!).