2015-04-07 Unusual Options Activity (ARNA) (CSCO)
Posted on April 7th, by Mitchell Warren in Free Articles, Options Risk Management, Smart Money Report, Unusual Options Activity. Comments Off on 2015-04-07 Unusual Options Activity (ARNA) (CSCO)
Unusual Options Activity
- Arena Pharmaceuticals (ARNA)- 2,000 Oct $5 calls were purchased for $0.60. They received an additional patent for Belviq, their weight loss drug, this morning. Shares have been range bound between $4 and $5 for most of 2015.
- Cisco Systems (CSCO)- 8,000 May 15 $27 calls were bought for $1.01-$1.07, against open interest of 4,900 contracts. The stock trades at just 12x earnings and has a multi-billion dollar buyback program and a 3% dividend.
- Kohl’s (KSS)- 2,500 Oct $70 puts were purchased for $2.30. This is likely a hedge after the $20 run up year to date.
- Outerwall (OUTR)- The May 15 $70/$80 call spread was put on another 2,000 times for a $2.38 debit. This trade happened yesterday for a $2.00 debit. Q1 earnings are due out on May 7th. Shares have moved higher after earnings on 6 straight reports.
- Xerox (XRX)- A rollout from 2,400 Apr $11 calls ($1.95 credit) into 2,490 Oct $12 calls ($1.47 debit). Earnings are due out on April 24th. In November, they announced they will buyback $1.5B worth of stock and use $500M to acquire other companies.
Options Reports (20-40+ large trades per day, open interest updates, and a list of notable activity I’m monitoring) are included in my ORM Equity/Option Trader Subscription Service for $9.99 per month (available now!).
1 On 1 Options Mentoring: Learn more about my 1 on 1 equity/options mentoring courses that help can you improve your trading odds and risk management skills (courses start as low as $55!).