2015-03-30 Unusual Options Activity (AAPL) (LL)
Posted on March 30th, by Mitchell Warren in Free Articles, Options Risk Management, Smart Money Report, Unusual Options Activity. Comments Off on 2015-03-30 Unusual Options Activity (AAPL) (LL)
Unusual Options Activity
- Apple (AAPL)- Nearly 10,000 May 15 $130 calls traded early in the session with the majority being bought for $3.15-$3.50, against open interest of 71,684 contracts. Shares have been range bound in recent weeks, but the stock has managed to find buyers at the 50-day EMA. Earnings are due out during the week of April 20th-24th (shares have moved higher on 4 straight reports).
- Cheesecake Factory (CAKE)- A likely rollout from 1,700 Apr $46 puts ($0.15 debit) into 2,400 May $47 puts ($0.85-$0.90 credit). Earnings are due out on April 22nd.
- Lumber Liquidators (LL)- The Apr 10 weekly $31/$36 bull call spread was put on 3,000 times for a $2.15 debit. This trade will create the largest open interest(s) in the weekly expiration.
- Mylan NV (MYL)- Nearly 4,000 Apr $57.50 puts were purchased for $1.70-$2.40. This morning Abbott Labs announced they are going to sell 1/3rd of their stake in Mylan.
- Pinnacle Entertainment (PNK)- The June $35/$39 bull call spread was put on 2,500 times for a $2.00 debit. On March 9th, Gaming and Leisure Properties made a hostile $4.1B offer for Pinnacle’s properties.
Options Reports (20-40 large trades per day, open interest updates, and a list of notable activity I’m monitoring) are included in my ORM Equity/Option Trader Subscription Service for $9.99 per month (available now!).
1 On 1 Options Mentoring: Learn more about my 1 on 1 equity/options mentoring courses that help can you improve your trading odds and risk management skills (courses start as low as $55!).