2015-03-26 Unusual Options Activity (BBT) (BTX)
Unusual Options Activity
- BB&T Corp (BBT)- A rollout from 2,280 Apr $39 puts ($1.05 credit) into 3,420 Apr $38 puts ($0.59 debit). They initially rolled from 1,140 Apr $40 puts ($1.07 credit) into the Apr $39 puts ($0.56 debit) on March 24th.
- BioTime (BTX)- More than 2,400 Sep $7.50 calls traded with the majority being bought for $0.50-$0.55, against open interest of 2,935 contracts. Roughly 2,000 were bought on March 24th for $0.65. Last week, the stock broke out above the June 2013 resistance level at $4.75.
- Cepheid (CPHD)- 2,500 May $50 puts were sold for $1.50 each. Earnings are due out in the middle of April.
- H&R Block (HRB)- There was sizable buying in the May $32 calls (2,300 traded) and July $32 calls (3,350 traded) today. Implied volatility jumped 12.9% to 26.21. Tax season earnings will come out in early June.
- Wal-Mart Stores (WMT)- 5,000 May 15 $85 calls were bought for $0.68-$0.75, against open interest of 28,879 contracts. Large open interest is in the Apr 17 $85 calls still from a March rollout. Yesterday, the company announced that they will be discussing strategic priorities for the U.S. business on April 1st.
Options Reports (20-40 large trades per day, open interest updates, and a list of notable activity I’m monitoring) are included in my ORM Equity/Option Trader Subscription Service for $9.99 per month (available now!).
1 On 1 Options Mentoring: Learn more about my 1 on 1 equity/options mentoring courses that help can you improve your trading odds and risk management skills (courses start as low as $55!).