2014-12-29 Smart Money Report (BURL) (MTW)
Posted on December 29th, by Mitchell Warren in Free Articles, Options Risk Management, Smart Money Report, Unusual Options Activity. Comments Off on 2014-12-29 Smart Money Report (BURL) (MTW)
Smart Money Report
- BURL- Another rollout from 1,700 Mar 2015 $45 calls (credit) into 2,600 Mar 2015 $50 calls (debit). Volume was below the open interest in both options. Prior to today’s action, Mar 2015 $50 call open interest stood at 10,047 contracts. My article on Burlington Stores from December 10th
- FXI- 8,000 Jan 17 2015 $41.50 puts were sold for $0.93 each, against open interest of 142 contracts. The China Equity ETF is trying once again to breakout above the $42 resistance level and he/she is betting that last week’s gap doesn’t get filled over the next three weeks (at least doesn’t finish below $41.50, but will have to buy the ETF if it does).
- LINE- A rollout from 2,500 Jan 2015 $13 puts (credit) into 3,500 Feb 2015 $10 puts (debit). Volume was above the open interest in the Feb 2015 $10 puts. Along with energy prices Line Energy shares continue to make new lows, down for the sixth consecutive trading session (down 65% from the September high).
- MTW- 3,000 Jan 2015 $21 calls were bought for $1.90 each, against open interest of 5,019 contracts. This was tied to 231,000 shares. Carl Icahn took a 7.77% stake in Manitowoc. He plans on trying to get the business split into two separate entities.
- WAG- 1,570 Jan 30 weekly $73 puts were sold for $0.80-$0.82 each, against open interest of 34 contracts (also sizable buying in the Jan 17 2015 $76 calls today). Shareholders of Walgreen approved the Alliance Boots merger. Deal is expected to be completed on December 31st.
1 On 1 Options Mentoring: Learn more about 1 on 1 options mentoring courses that help can you improve your trading odds and risk management skills.
Two latest articles