2014-11-17 Smart Money Report (SDRL) (UNM)
Posted on November 17th, by Mitchell Warren in Free Articles, Options Risk Management, Smart Money Report, Unusual Options Activity. Comments Off on 2014-11-17 Smart Money Report (SDRL) (UNM)
Smart Money Report
- CBS- A rollout from 20,000 Nov 22 $53 calls (credit) into 20,000 Dec 20 $55 calls (debit). Volume was below the open interest in both options. On the weekly chart CBS shares have been struggling to maintain a move above the 10-week exponential moving average.
- CTIC- Sizable buying in the Jan 2016 $2.50 and $3 calls today. Volume was above the open interest in both options. Call activity is 38x the average daily volume. CTI BioPharma has Phase 3 data due out in Q1 2015.
- HES- A rollout from 11,000 Nov 22 $80 puts (credit) into 11,000 Dec 20 $80 puts (debit). Volume was above the open interest in the Dec 20 $80 puts. Put activity is over 6x the average daily volume. For the last month, Hess shares have been range bound between $80 and $85 (watch for a breakout/breakdown). On October 30th, ISI Group upgraded the stock to buy from hold with a $95 price target.
- SDRL- A rollout from 10,500 Nov 22 $18/$21 put spreads (credit) into 7,000 Jan 17 2015 $16/$19 put spreads (debit). Volume was above the open interest in the Jan 17 2015 $16 and $19 puts. Seadrill earnings are due out on November 26th. The 14-month downtrend remains intact in shares of the offshore drilling contractor.
- UNM- 3,750 Dec $34 puts were purchased for $0.85-$1.35 each, against open interest of 97 contracts. Put activity is 48x the average daily volume. Implied volatility rose 25.2% to 23.35. On October 29th, Unum Group reported Q3 EPS of $0.87 vs the $0.90 estimate.
1 On 1 Options Mentoring: Learn more about 1 on 1 options mentoring courses that help can you improve your trading odds and risk management skills.