2014-11-12 Smart Money Report (BBRY) (FTNT)
Posted on November 12th, by Mitchell Warren in Free Articles, Options Risk Management, Smart Money Report, Unusual Options Activity. Comments Off on 2014-11-12 Smart Money Report (BBRY) (FTNT)
Smart Money Report
- BBRY- 10,000 Jan 2015 $11 calls were bought for $1.11 each, against open interest of 20,427 contracts. This was tied to a sale of 550,000 BlackBerry shares for $11.14. The call to put ratio is 5:1. Shares of (BBRY) are trying to breakout above the $11.00-$11.50 resistance level.
- FTNT- The Nov $27/$29 call spread was closed out 15,000 times for a $0.50 credit. This trade in Fortinet was put on for a $0.48-$0.50 debit on October 21st. (FTNT) shares are at a new 52-week high today.
- JD- The Jan 2015 $25/$29 bull risk reversal was put on 4,000 times for a $0.40 debit. Volume was above the open interest in both options. JD.com Q3 earnings are due out on November 17th.
- SFM- A rollout from 5,000 Nov $30 calls (credit) into 5,000 Dec $30 calls (debit). Volume was above the open interest in the Dec $30 calls. In October, SunTrust upgraded Sprouts Farmers Market to a buy with a $39 price target and Northcoast Research initiated the stock with a buy rating as well.
- XLNX- The Jan 2015/2016 $42 put calendar was put on 15,000 times for a $3.05 credit. Volume was above the open interest in both options. He/she bought the 2015 puts and sold the 2016 puts, meaning he/she could see the stock below $42 by Jan 2015 expiration, but longer-term sees Xilinx shares staying above $42 (goal is to collect the premium).
1 On 1 Options Mentoring: Learn more about 1 on 1 options mentoring courses that help can you improve your trading odds and risk management skills.