2014-10-23 Smart Money Report (BABA) (CBSO)
Posted on October 23rd, by Mitchell Warren in Free Articles, Options Risk Management, Smart Money Report, Unusual Options Activity. Comments Off on 2014-10-23 Smart Money Report (BABA) (CBSO)
Smart Money Report
- BABA- 10,000 Nov 22 $91 puts were sold for $2.80 each, against open interest of 59 contracts. Alibaba earnings are due out on 11/4 (this being their first report as a publicly traded company). The options market is currently pricing in about a $7.50 move through that week.
- CBSO- The Nov 22 $30 straddle was put on 6,000 times for a $1.61 credit. Volume was above the open interest in both options. Earnings are due out on 11/4. The trader is betting on a move above $31.61 or below $28.39 in CBS Outdoor Americas on November monthly options expiration.
- CSCO- 17,000 Nov 22 $23 puts were purchased for $0.44-$0.47 each, against open interest of 11,372 contracts. Cisco Systems earnings are due out on 11/12. The stock has dropped after earnings on 5 out of the last 7 reports.
- RSX- A rollout from 42,500 Oct 24 weekly $21.50 puts (debit) into 42,500 Nov 14 weekly $21 puts (credit). Volume was above the open interest in the Nov 14 weekly $21 puts. The Russia equity ETF held on the test of $21 earlier this month (also held in March).
- ZIOP- More than 4,000 Dec $4 calls were purchased for $0.35-$0.45 each, against open interest of 2 contracts. ZIOPHARM Oncology will have Phase 2 data due out this quarter.
1 On 1 Options Mentoring: Learn more about 1 on 1 options mentoring courses that help can you improve your trading odds and risk management skills.