2014-09-12 Smart Money Report (AAPL) (AMAT)
Smart Money Report
- AAPL- The Sep 26 weekly $102/$105 1×2 ratio call spread was put on 10,406 times for a $0.45 debit. Volume was above the open interest in both options. Yesterday’s bullish option trade in Apple.
- ACT- A rollout from 2,000 Sep 20 $240 calls (credit) into 2,000 Oct 18 $240 calls (debit). Volume was above the open interest in the Oct 18 $240 calls. There were rumors earlier today of M&A speculation between Pfizer (PFE) and Actavis.
- AMAT- A rollout from 20,000 Jan 2015 $22 calls (credit) into 20,000 Apr 2015 $23 calls (debit). Volume was above the open interest in the Apr 2015 $23 calls. On 8/21, S&P Equity Research maintained a strong buy rating on Applied Materials.
- KRE- The Dec $37/$40 bull risk reversal was put on 7,000 times for a $0.74 debit. Volume was above the open interest in both options. This is a bullish bet on U.S. regional banks.
- MNK- 5,100 Jan 2015 $95 calls were bought for $4.70 each, against open interest of 547 contracts. This was tied to a sale of 194,000 shares. The most recent short interest data from NASDAQ shows that Mallinckrodt’s fell 42.09% to 15,801,913 shares short as of 8/29.
1 On 1 Options Mentoring: Learn more about 1 on 1 options mentoring courses that help can you improve your trading odds and risk management skills.
Free Trial: If you would like to know more about premium content or you would like a free trial of our service, email me at Mitchell@OptionsRiskManagement.com .
Premium Membership: Join now to gain access to the all of the stock watchlist updates, unusual options activity reports, earnings trade ideas, weekend market updates, Premium Twitter feed, and more! All for just $29.95/month or save by purchasing an annual subscription. Join me and the other ORM traders in the chat room today!