2014-09-08 Smart Money Report (DE) (RAX)
Smart Money Report
- AAPL- The Apr 2015 $117.14/$127.14 1×2 ratio call spread was put on 8,500 times for a $0.20 debit. Volume was above the open interest in both options. They bought 8,500 $117.14 calls and sold 17,000 $127.14 calls. This is likely done against a long stock position to add leverage without adding any additional shares.
- DE- 4,000 Oct 18 $82.50 puts were bought for $1.75-$1.78 each, against open interest of 4,779 contracts. The stock is trading just above the February lows of $82.38. Over the last 3 months, 2015 Deere EPS estimates have fallen to $6.83 from $7.69.
- DHI- 6,750 Feb 2015 $20 puts were sold for $1.00 each, against open interest of 4,139 contracts. Put activity is nearly 3x the average daily volume.
- LVS- 5,000 Dec $72.50 calls were bought for $0.51-$0.56 each, against open interest of 3,968 contracts. The call to put ratio is 3:1.
- RAX- More than 1,900 Oct 18 $42 calls have traded with the majority being purchased for $1.00-$1.15 each, against no previous open interest. Call activity is 3x the average daily volume. There was a report from Bloomberg that CenturyLink is looking to acquire Rackspace Hosting last night.
1 On 1 Options Mentoring: Learn more about 1 on 1 options mentoring courses that help can you improve your trading odds and risk management skills.
Free Trial: If you would like to know more about premium content or you would like a free trial of our service, email me at Mitchell@OptionsRiskManagement.com .
Premium Membership: Join now to gain access to the all of the stock watchlist updates, unusual options activity reports, earnings trade ideas, weekend market updates, Premium Twitter feed, and more! All for just $29.95/month or save by purchasing an annual subscription. Join me and the other ORM traders in the chat room today!