2014-09-02 Smart Money Report (ASML) (EWG)
Smart Money Report
- ASML- Another 1,200 Oct $105 calls were bought for $1.00-$1.75 each, against open interest of 8,190 contracts. Over 6,000 were bought on 8/26. The call to put ratio is 3:1. Call activity is 6x the average daily volume. Implied volatility in ASML Holding rose 14.3% to 26.12.
- EWG- 2,550 Apr 2015 $25 puts were sold for $0.55 each, against open interest of 627 contracts. The Germany equity ETF hasn’t been near the $25 level since last September.
- QEP- 2,000 Sep $35 calls were purchased for $1.20 each, against open interest of 3,800 contracts. This was tied to 100,000 shares of stock.
- URBN- A rollout from 3,000 Sep $37 calls (credit) into 3,000 Oct $39 calls (debit). Volume was above the open interest in the Oct $39 calls.
- YHOO- A likely rollout from 5,316 Sep 20 $40 calls (credit) into 7,057 Oct 18 $42 calls (debit). Volume was below the open interest in both options. Implied volatility rose 10% to 43.13. The Alibaba IPO is expected to be on 9/18 or 9/19.
1 On 1 Options Mentoring: Learn more about 1 on 1 options mentoring courses that help can you improve your trading odds and risk management skills.
Free Trial: If you would like to know more about premium content or you would like a free trial of our service, email me at Mitchell@OptionsRiskManagement.com .
Premium Membership: Join now to gain access to the all of the stock watchlist updates, unusual options activity reports, earnings trade ideas, weekend market updates, Premium Twitter feed, and more! All for just $29.95/month or save by purchasing an annual subscription. Join me and the other ORM traders in the chat room today!