2014-08-21 Smart Money Report (ANET) (HPQ)
Smart Money Report
- ANET- 2,580 Sep $70 puts were sold for $0.95 each, against open interest of 9 contracts. Shares of Arista Networks are nearing a retest of the $80 resistance level.
- HPQ- 10,000 Sep 20 $36 calls were bought for $1.04 each, against open interest of 11,594 contracts. The stock is hitting new 52-week highs after reporting Q2 EPS of $0.89 vs the $0.89 estimate and revenue of $27.59B vs the $27.06B estimate. Hewlett-Packard expects Q4 EPS of $1.03-$1.07 vs the $1.05 estimate and FY14 EPS of $3.70-$3.74 vs the prior guidance of $3.63-$3.75. Ideal buying opportunities have been on pullbacks to the 50-day EMA.
- MRVL- Over 6,000 Nov $15 calls were bought for $0.35 each, against open interest of 4,563 contracts. Earnings are due out tonight. The stock has moved higher after earnings on 4 out of the last 7 reports. The 10-week EMA has been resistance since May.
- RICE- A rollout from 12,500 Oct $30 calls (credit) into 12,500 Jan 2015 $30 calls (debit). Volume was above the open interest in the Jan 2015 $30 calls. They expect to form a midstream MLP in the 1st half of 2015.
- TIBX- 1,500 Jan 2015 $22 calls were purchased for $1.60 each, against open interest of 6,975 contracts. Earnings are due out on 9/18. Tibco Software has been in talks with Private Equity firms on a potential buyout of the company.
Summer Sale: From now until Sunday, August 31st, annual memberships are only $225 (25% off of the regular $299.95 price). This is available for new and existing members. Check out our updated 2014 options performance page here (all stock trades are posted on the Weekend Market Updates).
1 On 1 Options Mentoring: Learn more about 1 on 1 options mentoring courses that help can you improve your trading odds and risk management skills.
Free Trial: If you would like to know more about premium content or you would like a free trial of our service, email me at Mitchell@OptionsRiskManagement.com .
Premium Membership: Join now to gain access to the all of the stock watchlist updates, unusual options activity reports, earnings trade ideas, weekend market updates, Premium Twitter feed, and more! All for just $29.95/month or save by purchasing an annual subscription. Join me and the other ORM traders in the chat room today!