2014-07-14 Smart Money Report (GS) (JPM)
Smart Money Report
- GS- Goldman Sachs is set to release Q2 earnings before the bell tomorrow morning. Analysts are looking for $3.03 in EPS and revenue of $7.9 billion. The options market is implying a $4.05 move, or 2.43%, in either direction through Friday’s close. The call to put ratio is currently 1.13, led by a buyer of 1,900 July 19 $170 calls. They have beat EPS estimates over the last 10 quarters. However, the stock has fallen after earnings on five out of the last seven reports.
- JPM- JPMorgan Chase is also set to release Q2 earnings before the bell tomorrow morning. Analysts are looking for $1.29 in EPS and revenue of $23.7 billion. The options market is implying a $1.24 move, or 2.20%, in either direction through Friday’s close. The call to put ratio is currently 2.11. The stock has dropped after earnings on five straight reports. On 7/7, Oppenheimer maintained an outperform rating, but raised their price target to $72 from $68.
- CL- Another 5,088 Aug. 16 $72.50 calls were bought for $0.45 each, against open interest of 10,241 contracts. There was large buying in these calls on 7/9. Earnings are due out on 7/31. There has also been rumors of an activist investor stepping into the stock.
- IPG- 2,500 July $21 calls were bought for $0.25 each, against open interest of 1,832 contracts. Earnings are due out on 7/18. There has been large call buying in Interpublic Group over the last few months.
- MCP- Another 4,000 Sep. $2.50 calls were purchased for $0.25 each, against open interest of 29,394 contracts. Roughly 18,000 were purchased on Thursday and Friday and on 6/10 about 14,000 were bought for $0.54 each. The Aug. $2.50 calls also started to see some buying for $0.18 each today.
Summer Sale: From now until the end of August, annual memberships are only $225 (25% off of the regular $299.95 price). This is available for new and existing members. Check out our updated 2014 options performance page here (all stock trades are posted on the Weekend Market Updates).
1 On 1 Options Mentoring: Learn more about 1 on 1 options mentoring courses that help can you improve your trading odds and risk management skills.
Free Trial: If you would like to know more about premium content or you would like a free trial of our service, email me at Mitchell@OptionsRiskManagement.com .
Premium Membership: Join now to gain access to the all of the stock watchlist updates, unusual options activity reports, earnings trade ideas, weekend market updates, Premium Twitter feed, and more! All for just $29.95/month or save by purchasing an annual subscription. Join me and the other ORM traders in the chat room today!