2014-07-09 Smart Money Report (AAPL) (GIMO)
Smart Money Report
- AAPL- 7,840 July 25 weekly $93 puts were purchased for $1.45 each, against open interest of 2,044 contracts. The net put premium is +$1.8M vs. the call premium of +$542K. Apple earnings are due out on 7/22. Since the last report, options activity has been predominately bullish. See recent examples from 6/12, 6/13, 6/24, and 6/30.
- BEAV- A rollout from 14,199 July $95 calls (credit) into 14,199 Aug. $100 calls (debit). Volume was above the open interest in the Aug. $100 calls. Earnings are due out on 7/23. The call to put ratio is 27:1. Call activity is 8x the average daily volume. Net call premium is +$1.4M vs. net put premium of -$50K. Implied volatility rose 4.5% to 28.56. The stock could trade down to $90 in the near-term before seeing any material upside (former resistance at $90 becomes current support). B/E Aerospace trades at a P/E ratio of 17.73x (2015 estimates), PEG ratio of 0.96x (2015 estimates), 11.6% revenue growth, and has an average analyst price target of $102.50. Recent rating changes: (DB-Hold-$95 PT), (GS-downgraded to buy), (MS-overweight rating-$105 PT).
- GIMO- 10,000 Aug. $10 puts were sold for $0.20 each, against no previous open interest. Earnings are due out on 7/24. Gigamon lowered Q2 guidance this morning.
- PRKR- 2,230 Oct. $1 puts were bought for $0.15 each, against open interest of 356 contracts. Earnings are due out on 8/7. Typically trades 568 puts per day. ParkerVision shares are already down more than 71% year to date.
- RAI- Sizable buying in the Aug. and Nov. $65 calls this morning. Call activity was over 3x the average daily volume. Look for news of the Reynolds American/Lorillard merger soon. Lorillard has had bullish options activity throughout most of the year too.
Summer Sale: From now until the end of August, annual memberships are only $225 (25% off of the regular $299.95 price). This is available for new and existing members. Check out our updated 2014 options performance page here (all stock trades are posted on the Weekend Market Updates).
1 On 1 Options Mentoring: Learn more about 1 on 1 options mentoring courses that help can you improve your trading odds and risk management skills.
Free Trial: If you would like to know more about premium content or you would like a free trial of our service, email me at Mitchell@OptionsRiskManagement.com .
Premium Membership: Join now to gain access to the all of the stock watchlist updates, unusual options activity reports, earnings trade ideas, weekend market updates, Premium Twitter feed, and more! All for just $29.95/month or save by purchasing an annual subscription. Join me and the other ORM traders in the chat room today!