2014-06-24 Smart Money Report (MEOH) (USO)
Smart Money Report
- AAPL- A rollout from 1,397 Aug. 16 $89.29 calls (credit) into 1,397 Jan. 2015 $90/$100 call spreads (debit). Volume was below the open interest in all three options. The call to put ratio is over 2:1.
- AMAT- A rollout from 8,500 Jan. 2015 $20 calls (credit) into 14k Jan. 2015 $24 calls (debit). Volume was below the open interest in both options. There was a similar rollout yesterday.
- IGT- A rollout from 5,000 July $16 calls (credit) into 3,550 Aug. $16 calls (debit). Volume was above the open interest in the Aug. $16 calls. Earnings are due out on 7/22. They are looking to sell the company too (announced recently).
- MEOH- The Jan. 2015 $57.50/$67.50 bull risk reversal was put on 2,500 times for a $0.95 debit. Volume was above the open interest in both options. Option activity is nearly 7x the average daily volume.
- TV- The Jan. 2015 $30/$36 bull risk reversal was put on 2,500 times for a $1.05 debit. Volume was above the open interest in the Jan. 2015 $36 calls. Earnings are due out on 7/7.
- USO- The Sep. $39 straddle was put on 7,500 times for a $2.50 debit. Volume was above the open interest in both options.The trader is making a volatility trade that the oil ETF will move above $41.50 or below $36.50 by September options expiration.
1 On 1 Options Mentoring: Learn more about 1 on 1 options mentoring courses that help can you improve your trading odds and risk management skills.
Free Trial: If you would like to know more about premium content or you would like a free trial of our service, email me at Mitchell@OptionsRiskManagement.com .
Premium Membership: Join now to gain access to the all of the stock watchlist updates, unusual options activity reports, earnings trade ideas, weekend market updates, Premium Twitter feed, and more! All for just $29.95/month or save by purchasing an annual subscription. Join me and the other ORM traders in the chat room today!