2014-05-14 Smart Money Report (AMAT) (RMTI)
Smart Money Report
- AMAT- 5,000 Jan. 2015 $21 calls were bought for $1.10-$1.12 each, against open interest of 5,245 contracts. Earnings are due out tomorrow. There has been large Jan. 2015 call buying in the last 2-3 months.
- NBR- 3,000 Sep. $26 calls were bought for $1.95 each, against open interest of 902 contracts. This was tied to a sale of 162k shares for $26.08 each. There was large buying in the June $25 calls too.
- NUS- 1,800 June $75 puts were purchased for $3.70 each, against open interest of 3,249 contracts. Implied volatility rose 9.7% to 44.10. Net call premium was -$25K vs. net put premium of +$584K. On a close below $75 in Nu Skin Enterprises, we’ll likely see a retest of the $68-$70 support level.
- RMTI- A rollout from 3,095 May $11 puts (credit) into 3k June $9 puts (debit). Volume was above the open interest in the June $9 puts. He/she is betting/hedging on a break of the $9.37 April support level in Rockwell Medical shares.
- AAPL- Apple shares are close to retesting the $600 resistance level, following last week’s bounce off of the $580 level. The stock trades at a P/E ratio of 12.45x (2015 estimates) with 10.9% EPS growth this year (8.4% in 2014), revenue growth of 6.2-6.4% annually over the next two years, and has an average analyst price target of $637.50. The call to put ratio is currently 1.52, led by a buyer of 400 Aug. $585 calls for $30.15 each. The net call premium was +$2.4M vs. net put premium of -$846K.
Free Trial: If you would like to know more about premium content or you would like a free trial of our service, email me at Mitchell@OptionsRiskManagement.com .
Premium Membership: Join now to gain access to the all of the stock watchlist updates, unusual options activity reports, earnings trade ideas, weekend market updates, Premium Twitter feed, and more! All for just $29.95/month or save by purchasing an annual subscription. Join me and the other ORM traders in the chat room today!
1 On 1 Options Mentoring: Learn more about 1 on 1 options mentoring courses that help can you improve your trading odds and risk management skills.