2014-02-25 Smart Money Report (FSLR) (LOW)
Smart Money Report
- FSLR- First Solar is set to announce Q4 earnings after the bell. Analysts are looking for $0.98 in EPS and revenue of $961 million. The options market is implying a $5.75 move, or 10.11%, in either direction through Friday’s close. Call to put ratio in (FSLR) options is currently 1.28, led by activity in the Feb. 28 weekly $65, $70, and Mar. 22 $65 calls. The stock has declined after earnings on 4 out of the last 5 quarters.
- LOW- Lowe’s will report Q4 earnings below the bell tomorrow morning. Analysts are looking for $0.32 in EPS and revenue of $11.7 billion. Option traders are pricing in a $2.03 move, or 4.22%, in either direction through Friday’s close. The call to put ratio in (LOW) options is 1.74, led by a buyer of 2k Feb. 28 weekly $48 puts, seller of 3k Apr. $46 puts, and some buying in the Mar. $48-$50 calls. The stock has declined after earnings on 3 out of the last 4 quarters.
- HGG- A rollout from 4k Mar. $10 calls (credit) into 5k Mar. $12 calls (debit). Volume was above the open interest in the Mar. $12 calls.
- RVBD- A rollout from 2k Mar. $21 calls (credit) into 2k June. $21 calls (debit). Volume was above the open interest in the June $21 calls. Elliot Management offered $21/share for the company just before this trade occurred.
- URS- The Apr. $45 straddle was sold 5k times for a $4.10 credit. Volume was above the open interest in both options. Earnings are due out on 3/3. He/she is betting on the stock staying around the $45 level through April options expiration.
- TWTR- Twitter shares are down for the third consecutive trading session, losing 1.43% today. The call to put ratio in (TWTR) options is 1.43, led by a seller of 1,000 Jan. 2015 $45 puts for $7.20 each.
2014 LIMITED TIME OFFER– Save over 33% off the retail price ($299.95) of a 1 year membership. This $199 offer is only available through Friday, February 28th.
Free Trial: If you would like to know more about premium content or you would like a free trial of our service, email me at Mitchell@OptionsRiskManagement.com .
Premium Subscription: Join now to gain access to the all of the stock watchlist updates, unusual options activity reports (20-40 big trades like these everyday), earnings trade ideas, weekend market updates, Premium Twitter feed, and more! All for just $29.95/month or save by purchasing an annual subscription. Join me and the other ORM traders in the chat room today!