2013-03-08-Afternoon Unusual Options Activity
- SPY- Early this morning, 8,000 Mar. 22 weekly $155 puts were purchased for $1.52. This bear is looking for a short-term drop in the market or is a possible hedge against his/her portfolio.
- CPRT- Nearly 4,300 May. $35 calls have traded today, with the largest blocks bought for $0.60-$0.65. Open interest was only 1,090 before today’s action.
- DKS- Shares of Dicks Sporting Goods were down for the majority of the day and call buyers were stepping into the Mar. $50.50 and $53 calls. (DKS) is set to report earnings before the bell on Monday morning.
- BMC- Long-term bulls were stepping into BMC Software calls this morning. 4k Jan. 2014 $45 calls were purchased for $2.80 each. The Jan. 2014 $47 calls were also active around the same time that the $45 calls were bought.
- VIX- Four of the five most active Mar. options were puts, a reflection of the 3% drop in the spot Vix. The Mar. $14 puts traded over 30k times, with 6k puts bought in late trading for $0.75 each.
Non-members: Sign up for a risk free trial today to receive access to all of the Unusual Options Activity reports, Trade Ideas, Stock Watchlist Updates, and more! No credit card required.
Also, we are running a limited time offer on our monthly and annual subscriptions.
Check it all out on this page—> https://optionsriskmanagement.com/register/